Pet Safety in a Storm
Pet Storm tips from SERVPRO of Northwest Ventura County -
Did you know that 95% of dog and cat owners don't have disaster plans for their pets? Really? SERVPRO of Northwest Ventura County urges you - make sure this isn’t you!
You might have made a disaster kit for you and family, so let's make one for your pet too. Include medical records and medication, food and water, can openers, leashes, blankets and pet carriers.
- Always keep pets inside during a storm. Animals easily become confused and can run away from home during a storm or other disaster.
- Arrange a safe place for you and your pets during evacuation. Do not leave pets behind.
- Store an emergency kit as close to an exit as possible.
- Make sure all pets are chipped and wear collars and tags.
- Place a rescue alert sticker in front of your home to let rescuers know that there are pets inside.
- Choose a caregiver to take care of your pet in the event you are unable to.
Call us if you need us 24/7/365.
SERVPRO of Northwest Ventura County 805-507-5507